themoldremovalguide

 

Unless you take appropriate measures, mold in your home may not go away anytime soon. It is not proper to live in mold infested homes because it is dangerous and can cause health problems to your family members. The mold removal process is complicated and needs professional mold removal service to handle it, but when it is not severe, you can do it yourself with some guidance at hand.

 

It is important to ensure that all safety measures are in place before you start the home mold removal process yourself. You need to wear protective garment before you start the process because it is dangerous to get into contact with the mold. For instance, protective goggles protect your eyes from mold spores that might be floating in the air. Dust masks are essential to purify the air that you inhale and they bar dust particles and the spores from entering the breathing system. You cannot forget to put on gloves to keep your hands safe, and you do not touch the mold with your hands. Mold spores are airborne and to immobilize them during the removal process, it is important that you moisten the contaminated surface.

 

Mold can thrive on any surface as long as the conditions are favorable for its growth. On smooth surfaces like walls, floors, tiles, counter tops and metals, the mold can be removed by scrubbing and brushing using a detergent or soap. Mold can discolor a surface suppose it stays on it for long and using a bleach solution to clean it would be appropriate. Mold produces ammonia, and when it mixes with a bleach solution, it produces a poisonous gas so you must be careful. Click here to learn more about mold removal services.

 

The same procedure cannot be applied on a porous surface or material, and it is quite cumbersome to deal with mold on a porous surface. In some cases when the mold invasion is intensive, you may consider replacing the material as the removal process can be hectic. You may even opt to hire an expert in mold removal to conduct a special procedure. You can also isolate materials that are affected by the mold so that it does not spread to other materials or surfaces. Using a professional service is essential because it ensures that the mold is entirely eradicated and it will not reappear again.

 

 

If you do not handle the process carefully as required, you expose your family to a serious health risk. Therefore, it is important to disinfect the surface using a bleach solution. When this happens, it makes the area inhabitable again. Open the doors and window to allow proper ventilation during the cleaning process. Finally, dry the surface and use a dehumidifier to ensure that the place remains dry which is not favorable for the growth of mold. Find out more today!